CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

3/08/2011

Pregnancy Troubles Never End

It has been a little challenging for me for the past few days. I have had a severe migrane ever since I gave birth to Tyler. I figured it was just normal post-pardum stuff but it became unbearable as of today. I called my doctor at nine in the morning but I did not hear back from them....so I gave Brian a crash course in infant care and I went to the urgent care. I was really afraid that I might have a Spinal headache from my spinal during the c-section. When I got to the urget care and described my symptoms they sent me to the emergency room immediately.


I called my Aunt Jackie to come and be with me. Upon being admitted....they discovered that my blood pressure was 200 over 120. The nurse said that it was no wonder that I had a headache. She also told me that it is great that I came in because I was in danger of having a stroke. I also had continued to retain fluid and swell. After 9 hours...they released me with blood pressure medication and pain medication. During that experience I was so scared that I was going to die and I would not see Tyler grow up...it was absolutely the worst feeling.


I can't thank my Aunt enough for dropping everything and sitting with me in the ER. I know she does not have enough time as it is. Also, Brian did an amazing job with our daughter while I was gone despite the fact that he had limited experience. I am so proud and lucky to have him as my husband.


When I woke up the next morning I felt like a million bucks. I had pretty much forgotten what it was like not to have a headache/migrane. The world was so much clearer....and frankly being a mommy became so much easier!!!

1 comment:

jeanna said...

i am so sorry honey!!! this is horrible! I wish you didn't have to go through this and I am so glad to hear your ok!!!