CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

7/07/2011

1st Solid Food

All cleaned up and ready to play!

Don't worry, Bee Happy!


okay mommy..I am done. My thumb is better than oatmeal.

Thats my happy girl!

hello!

Love all the faces she made throughout the process

As you can see she probably has more on her face than in her belly but thats okay. Her pediatrition said that solid food at this age is just for practice...so she can learn how to move food from front to back with her tongue. We started with oatmeal vs rice cereal because I was worried that the rice cereal would constipate her due to some experience with rice starch formula.

The first few bites she didn't really know what to do or what to think...but in true DeBruin style she dove right in to food.
Her bib was a present from Grandma Taylor and is a picture of the space shuttle. Pretty fitting because while I was feeding TJ the space shuttle lifted off on the last mission of the space program as we know it. Pretty historic...but I wasn't really paying attention as I was more interested in watching Tyler each.

I was so excited to feed her solid food. I guess it is just another milestone like many that I am anxious for her to experience. I plan on making all my own baby food for cost/nutrition reasons. I don't have strong feelings about fresh vs. store bought food....but since I got pregnant I knew I wanted to make my own baby food. Maybe it is because I like to cook in general.

No comments: