CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

10/17/2011

Saying Goodbye

Boydie & Tyler (that look on her face is definite reminder that she is my baby. I was looking through my baby pictures and there is more than one with me pouting just like that!)
My boydie!


We had a big spaghetti dinner the night before Boydie went back to Canada. Brian loves Grandma's meatballs! It was nice to have everyone together! It didn't really hit me that Boydie was leaving until Haylie & Sage started to say goodbye. The tears started right away and I realized that this was goodbye for now. I know that I am luckier than most to have had my great-grandmother in my life for 30 years but it is always sad for her to go back to Canada. It seems like she just got here.

I am very grateful that she was able to spend time with Tyler. Special memories were created!


I started crying too when it was time to go! I may be a mommy but I am still a great-grandaughter and it was hard to see Boydie go. I love you Boydie! Aunt Jackie, Haylie, & Sage with Boydie!

Boydie & Haylie

They have a special relationship as Pat Pat watched Haylie when she was little and Boydie was there full-time. Boydie would do schoolwork with Haylie and they sat and watched birds all day long. This goodbye was really hard for Haylie.

Boydie & Sage

1 comment:

Buddy Roberts said...

That just made me so sad. I guess there is one good thing about being so far away. I wasnt there to say goodbye. Doing it over the phone is easier than in person. Now please tell me what the difference is between a phone call from TX to NC or TX to Canada???? I think that it works all the same way and last time I checked we all speak in English!