CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

10/27/2011

Pumpkin Carving Party

Happy Spooktacular Halloween! Everyone knows how much I love Halloween! I would love to have thrown a huge party but those days are gone! Instead we had some close friends over for dinner and a pumpkin carving contest. I made potato soup and pulled-pork sliders. Our friends brought oreo truffles in the shape of eyeballs, a pumpkin roll, and apples with carmel. These were the creations of the night! Pretty good!

Such a different dynamic this year.....all the dads were getting down and dirty carving the pumpkins while all us moms kept a listening ear out for babies.
Thanks to the Magee's, Schledorns, Mizes, Humphries, and Hesters for joining us.

The view from up above.



I had decorated my dinning room for Halloween so that we could eat dinner in there....but with people arriving at different times and the influx of kids running all around it was impossible. We all just ate where we stood or in the living room. Brian says casual is better anyway.


On another note: the night was not as much fun for me as I had hoped. Tyler threw her 1st big tantrum right before/during the party. There was nothing that I could do to console her....she just kept yelling at me and then crying. I ended up having to excuse myself and take her upstairs for a bottle and bedtime. Although this was the first I am sure it will not be the last! I handled it okay...considering..but I couldn't seem to get back into the spirit of things!

No comments: