CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

7/19/2012

Maui - Tommy Bahama;s

The cutest nephew in the world.....Brett!  Patiently waiting to get seated for dinner!
Maui Sunsets

DeBruin Family 2012 (Brian, Ash, Mike, Wendy, Jeanne, Wayne, Savannah & Brett)


Sibiling love!
Dinner was pretty good!  I wish I had gotten a picture of my food as it was so pretty.  I love sweet potatoes (got that from PaPa)...but when my plate came the sweet potato was bright purple.  These are Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes and they are actually much sweeter than normal sweet potatoes.  You don't have to add any sugar or butter to them at all. 

I was so excited for food in Maui...because I went back to my allergist and had the scratch test done again to see if I still am allergic to shellfish and seafood.  The answer is Yes to some shellfish (crab, lobster, clams,etc), No - all fish, Yes/No - shrimp......as always I have a rare allergy called Exercise Induced Anaphalaxsis.  This basically means that I can each shrimp but I can do anything that would up my heartrate or increase my internal body temp for at least 4 hours or else I will have an allergic reaction.  My body is so weird.  Anyway....I took full advantage of being able to eat fish again!  Loved It!
Barry, Eric, & Christine showed up at the restaurant just as our food was being served so we all ended up eating cold food!  If you look closely Barry is always holding some sort of "prop" when photo's are taken of him.
Raleigh crew:  Bart, Christine, Carolyn, & Christy (Barry's fiance)


Ash & Brian (we were so exhausted!!!)

No comments: