CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

6/01/2012

Dallas Weekend - Barry & Christy's Wedding Shower

Many people have said "you are crazy for traveling with a toddler" but it really doesn't bother me.  I pack as light as possible and just do it!  Tyler and I were really excited about girls weekend.  We were spending the whole weekend with Grandma DeBruin & Aunt Wendy.....celebrating Uncle Barry's upcoming wedding.



















Grandma DeBruin & Wendy's plane was delayed (because President Obama flew into the Minneapolis airport right as they were pulling out of the gate)....so I had to wait around the Dallas airport for 1 hour trying to keep all my stuff together and entertain Tyler!

Grandma DeBruin took this picture as soon as she saw me...she thought it was hilarious how much stuff (including Tyler) that I was wearing or lugging around.  She said all I needed was a bucket of water on my head and I would be all set!  LOL!
For the record: I was wearing the car seat & Tyler and I was pulling our suitcase and carry-on bag!
 The first night we were in Dallas we went to Laurie Schwartz's (Christy's mom) house and then we went to a mexican restaurant for dinner.  The food was great...but we all had to take turns holding or walking with Tyler.  She had had a long day of traveling.....plus the time difference....plus she was sick!

Our hotel room was an absolute wreck....with four girls in one room I guess you expect that!  Between all of the clothes, toys, beauty products, and the cyclone that I call Tyler....it was difficult to find anything.  Funny moment was when Tyler went to visit aunt wendy in the bathroom and then she threw her lamby in the toilet.  Thank goodness I had an extra lamby with me!


Laurie & David invited us over for swimming on Sunday before we had to fly home.  Their home was really beutiful.  Tyler especially liked the puppies and the pool!
Aunt Wendy didn't even have time to get her clothes off before Tyler was trying to get in the pool.  If you didn't know....my child thinks she is an olympic swimmer!


Tyler is happiest when she is in the water!
Uncle Barry....obviously ready to get in the pool!
Christy's family were very nice to us while we were there.....this was the whole family relaxing in the pool.  (if you look closely you will see that Tyler fell asleep on aunt wendy in the pool)

This was our gift to Barry & Christy.....it was a basket with the Wine decanter from Macy's, it had gift envelops that told them 6 wine glasses from their registry would be delivered to their house in Portland, and 6 bottles of wine.  On each bottle of wine was a gift tag for special moments in their life together (wedding night, first fight, first home, 1st Christmas, 1st baby, I can't remember the last one).  It also had some goodies from The Mouse (winecycle, and a cheese knife).  It was made pretty by Grandma DeBruin!  It was a nice gift from the three families (Mom & Dad DeBruin, Wendy, Savannah, & Brett, and Ash & Brian).
Tyler gave Christy a special gift....it was a pink robe (cute short ones) with a monogram D for her soon to be new last name!

Tyler was hilarious at the wedding shower.  She gagged/choked on a chip...which meant mommy had to do the back-slapping baby hymlic...which led to her throwing up.....we changed her into her jammies.  She had not had a nap all day (and did I mention she was sick...and getting sicker everyday).  She got a second wind later in the night and started running around the house as fast as she could.  She would hear Uncle Barry talking....she would run to find where the voice was coming from (because Brian & Barry sound a lot alike) and when she would find the voice but see it was not daddy...she would point her finger at him and give him a dirty look.  So funny!

We went shopping in a cool part of Dallas with all these funky artistic stores.....this was a headband that I really wanted but lets be serious where would I ever where it!  Fun to try all the different ones on though!
This was at Swoosies.....Tyler was practicing for Maui (little did she know...she wasn;t going).  She picked up a lot of toys while in the store...which mommy had to put back. 

The highlight of the trip for me was going to Sprinkles cupcakes.  If you are a fan of CupCake Wars on Food Network then you know what I am talking about.....if you aren't then you should be.  I bought 4 cupcakes for us to share....we had them for breakfast the next day!  My favorite was the dark chocolate cupcake!

This was a very fun trip to Dallas for Mommy & Tyler!

No comments: