CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

10/05/2012

Finding Friends....

No pictures to go along with this post....just a bit of venting!  This move to Raleigh has been harder on me than I thought it would be.  I don't regret the move as it was necessary for us to move forward as a family but all the same it has been tough.  I know things would not be the same if I was in Burlington since my best friend has moved as well but....
I took Tyler to the park today since she said homed with me today (Laura was moving into a new house)....I was really excited because I had driven by the park in the morning a few times and had seen a ton of moms-kids there.  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to meet some people.  So Tyler and I set out to the park with a ball and some bubbles (perfect friend-making equipment)!  When we got there...there was a nice girl who was a nanny and a stay-at-home dad...both who were perfectly nice.  Then three moms came in with a bunch of kids and I thought....hey here is my opportunity so I said hi and asked how old their children were.....
....the three moms kind of looked me up and down (definitely evaluating looks) and then went back to talking amongst themselves.  Very tough to take!  I have to say that these moms all looked like the stepped out of Jcrew.com and hey must be at the gym or run everyday.  I have to assume that I did not look like the type of person that they would associate with....because we didn't talk...maybe it was that I hadn't straightened by hair this morning, no make-up, flip-flops, t-shirt and shorts.....maybe it is because I am very very chubby right now!  I don't know what it was but the fact that they didn't even acknowledge me hurt my feelings!  I felt like I was in middle school all over again where I was super chubby and desperately wanting to be friends with the "cool girls".  I am 30 years old for goodness sake....it shouldn't be like this! 
....talking to my best friend later she as always made me feel better and told me that I wouldn't want to be friends with people like that anyway....although that is true....it is eerily reminiscent of my mom saying the same thing in middle school and in high school!  Funny how some things in life change drastically....and then again some things never change!

No comments: