CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Follow Me on Pinterest

5/28/2012

My 1st Time Hosting a Playdate


So here is the story behind this.  I don't think I knew I was a homebody or fairly shy until my wedding.  All I had ever dreamed of was this huge wedding with me as the star......however I remember right before my brother walked me down the isle and I saw all the people I was terrified (not of getting married but of being in front of all those people).  To that end I told my brother to walk as fast as possible down the isle. 

Fast-forward to today - I know everyone who knows me would probably not describe me as shy because I am outgoing with them and a little over-the-top with everything I do.....however I have a very hard time meeting new people!  You would think I would be a pro with as much as I moved around as a kid but nonetheless I am shy when it comes to knew people.  Add on to that - I am no good at small talk.  When you put these two things together I become very awkward! 

So moving to Morrisville (where I don't know anyone) and the fact that I don't work in an office anymore, makes me a very lonely girl (I blame Sam...for moving to Ohio) Just kidding!  Anyway....I went out on a limb and joined a group on Meetup.com for working mommys and decided to host a playday at the park by my house.  I was bringing a snack for everyone and this is what I came up with.  The snack was good but Brian said the note was funny (kind of pathetic).....it's true but I didn't know what else to do. 

I never thought as a grown woman I would be back on the dating scene....but this time I am trying to find girl friends!  I have seen a couple of articles about this in parents magazine but nothing that has been useful. 

Playdate was well attended....Tyler had fun....and I met some nice people....but know one called or emailed me afterwards for follow-up playdates!  Oh well.  I will try again soon!

No comments: